Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Spirit of a Swallow

I am a big believer in signs. I feel like it's one of the many ways God chooses to communicate with us.
That being said, yesterday we were almost hit by a tornado...IN GERMANY.
I woke up to a call from my mother telling me to get in the basement because there were tornado warnings being issued.

Naturally, I ran outside to see.

Not actually expecting to see anything, I found myself utterly delighted and suprised at the funnel cloud that was dropping from the sky. It was rotating ominously as I excitedly ran up the street to get a better view.
I would have expected everything to be chaos, cars honking, babies crying, people screaming in various languages... the usual sounds that seem to prelude a natural disaster. But everything was completley still. No birds, no people, and absolutley no breeze.
I lifted my eyes to pray to God that the tornado would actually touch down and right at that very moment a swallow flew over me.
A SWALLOW!

I realize that to most people this may seem incredibly ordinary, but not to me. I have alway loved birds and everything they symbolize and had just recently decided to get a tattoo of a barn swallow on my back. However, I have never actually seen one in real life, until now! Coincidence? I think not!

To my dismay the tornado never did actually touch down but God seems to be pleased with the plans for my tattoo, so all in all it was a successful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment