Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Frenchy Toast and the Buttery-est Blackberry Butter

As always, (can you say always after having only posted one recipe?) I am posting this recipe the way I made it so if you want the original I will post a link at the bottom!

Things you will need.
1.BUTTER!



2.Blackberries


3.Nailpolish (Although I personally suggest using this BEFORE you cook and take pictures.)
4.Eggs
5.Half & Half
6.The Juice of 1 Lemon
7.Vanilla
8.Sugar
9.Cinnamon & Nutmeg
10.Flour
11.Absolutley NO photography skills to speak of.
You'll just have to bear with me people.

Let's Get Started.
Step 1.
Put the butter in a bowl. Easy enough.

Step 2.
Become thoroughly confused by the blender for a few minutes before realizing where the on switch is. Then flip it not realizing your other hand was holding the blender by the spiny things.
Almost break your finger.

Hand held blender - 1
Finger - 0

Step 3.
Return, oven mit in hand, or on it in this case on hand, in hopes of preventing said injured finger.

Step 5. Blend butter until fluffy, then add blackberries.

and blend again

Hold on I'm trying to remember what comes next. Oh yeah

Step 6.
Lay down foil then plastic wrap ontop. Slop, yes I said slop...no need for formalities here, the blackerry butter ontop of the plastic wrap.

Step 7.
Take the plastic wrap and kind of roll the butter into a cylinder shape, then wrap the tinfoil around that and place it in the freezer for 30 minutes to solidfy. Take it out of the freezer and place in the fridge.
And voila!

Beautiful Blackberry Butter!
On a side note, whenever I say butter in this blog I say it with a French accent, you should definitley do the same...
Say it with me, BUTTER!

Step 8.
Slice some of your butter to top your frenchy toast with.


Then make some frenchy toast and top with the butter.

My finished product.

Bon Appétit

For the original recipe click these words.

No comments:

Post a Comment