Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pasta with Tomatoe Cream Sauce

I have recently been inspired by one Pioneer Women. If you don't read her blog you should...seriously like go, now.
Anyway, I've been on a cooking craze trying recipe after deliciously decadent recipe.
My first attempt at being a master chef was her absolutley scrumptious Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce. My mouth is watering just remembering the taste, this will definitley be a go-to in my house for the rest of my life. (Though the length of that life is now debatable due to the large amounts of butter I've been consuming with these recipes...definitley worth the 10 years I just hacked off mercilessly with my butter knife.)
I'm blogging the recipe the way that I made it so if you want the original, I'll post a link to the page at the bottom.

So here we go!
Start by sauteing chopped onions and minced garlic in olive oil. I was feeling brave and added some dried red peppers for a little kick.
The smell is divine but try to resist sticking your face in your frying pan and slurping this down...I may or may not have attempted this with incredibly disastrous results.

After the onions start to turn a beautiful golden color add in two cans of tomato sauce and let that simmer on low heat for a good 30 minutes. Oh yea if your like me and you forgot to add in the pinch of sugar go ahead and do that too.
Then slowly pour in the heavy cream

Now stir that around until everything is orange and beautiful. Then throw in some freshly grated paremsan and stir...on second thought go ahead and throw in a lot. Chop up some fresh basil and throw that in as well, along with some salt and peppa!
(Obviously you should have been cooking your noodles this entire time and obviously I should have said that at the beggining. Make sure to save some of the water your noodles cooked in to thin out your sauce if needed!)
Then drain your noodles, mix them with the sauce, and serve!
Or eat it all yourself!
Right out of the pot!
It'll be utterly delish either way I'm sure.

Drum roll please!
Here is my finished product with my home made bite size garlic bread!



Visit the Pioneer Women's blog for more delicious recipes!
And here's the link for her Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce




Bon Appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment