Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2013

On Sunday Morning The Son Will Rise


And as they watched His body go limp on the cross I imagine it was the most painful, heartbreaking moment of all time. They had left EVERYTHING to follow this man, this Messiah and He was gone; life taken like a vapor in the wind.

I can imagine the doubt, fear, and hopelessness that churned in their stomachs and left bitter tastes on their tongue. Everything, all the build up until that moment had culminated in the One they followed hanging dead, broken, and bruised on a cross. They must have been wracked with unimaginable sorrow. Unimaginable loss. Unimaginable despair.
Everything they had sacrificed, hoped, believed was done. Gone. Over.

And then comes my favorite moment in all of history, the moment that brought me to faith.
I can imagine the rumors spreading through the streets. A disheartened people picking up life where they had dropped it when that Jewish man had come proclaiming freedom for the captives. I can imagine the front door bursting open "He has risen!"
I can imagine the way they doubted, but I can also see that small tendril of hope that ignited in their hearts. The way it must have caught fire and consumed them, "could it be true? Is He alive?"


The buildup of all creation, of all life waited for this moment. From stars to tree frogs, planets to daisies..all of creation held it's breath.
Nothing but silence.

Until the stone was rolled back and the tomb was found utterly empty.

He has risen.
He has risen
.

No comments:

Post a Comment