Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

"You're Not Going To Get There On Peanuts My Dear" : I'M FULLY FUNDED

"You're not going to get there on peanuts my dear."
It's true, I couldn't fly to Micronesia on peanuts alone...but would God provide what I needed? The deadline was days away, and I still had over $1000 to raise to cover things like insurance and vaccinations. God is almighty, I knew that.
God wanted me in Micronesia, I knew that too.
God provides, I maybe knew that.

But did I believe He would do it for me? As the days grew closer I started to fear, to panic...would I get this close only to have it torn away from me at the last second?
One thing I've learned about God's timing is that He waits and waits and waits and waits, until it seems impossible so that when it does happen, it glorifies and magnifies His name...not mine.

And it DID HAPPEN! In one day I recieved over $1000!!
Which means that I now stand at being completley 100% fully funded!

The LORD is GOOD!

And now I feel like I've got Micronesian ants in my pants, and I'm doing a happy jig.
I can't WAIT to see how God completley breaks me during this trip. I hope I wrecked and ruined after it!



THINGS I'M EXPECTING TO HAPPEN ON THIS TRIP

  • I'm expecting to overcome my overwhelming fear of the ocean. It's on an island, I'll be out of options.
  • I'm expecting to overcome my fear of bugs. But I'm bringing a spacesuit... just in case.
  • I'm expecting to be overwhelmed with God's love and love for others. I hope to come back understanding love in a way I never have before.
  • I'm expecting to make deep lasting friendships.
  • I'm expecting to be an amazing spear fisher. I hope.
  • I'm expecting to be broken.
  • I'm expecting to see and hear God in CRAY CRAY kinds of ways.
  • I'm expecting to be totally suprised when God surpasses all my expectations.


Thank you to all of you who supported me, financially, in prayer, or by reading my blog.        
I couldn't have done this without you and your love. I hope that you'll continue to follow with me and read about all the freaking amazing things that happen while I'm there!
And thank you Jesus, without you I'd still just be walking dead...you gave me life and life in abundance.

Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throught all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
-Ephesians 3:20

1 comment:

  1. Yesssss!!!!!!!!! This is awesome news! :) I KNEW He would provide what you needed! He is so so good. - Taryn

    ReplyDelete