Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2013

And The Countdown Begins!

10 DAYS UNTIL I LEAVE FOR MICRONESIA!!!
(it'll be 9 days in about 27 minutes!)

I can't believe it is really happening.
I am really going on an adventure! And I'm so excited! I can't wait! To meet new people, see new lands, experience a totally different way of life, bring Christ to people? It's everything I never knew I always wanted!!
The only thing missing is an Indiana Jones hat and whip...hey, I'm working on it.

I'm also incredibly sad.
For some reason this trip feels like a goodbye and I guess in some ways it is.

It's goodbye to the me I am now, because I know I will be radically changed.
It's goodbye to my current diet, because I will be forced to eat fish...ones I may even have speared myself! :/
It's goodbye to my fears, because I'm facing them.
It's goodbye to my family, whom I love dearly.
And it's goodbye to my friends, the people who have become family...the people who bring me closer to God...the people who feel like home.

How blessed am I to have so many wonderful things and people to say goodbye to?!

Lately I've been looking forward to every season of my life.
I'm looking forward to Micronesia, I'm looking forward to coming home, I'm looking forward to university & apartment hunting, I'm looking forward to ministry, and marriage, and kids, and friends, and old age. ALL of it. :)

I used to think it was a sin to want to enjoy life. It made me feel like I didn't love God.
But I am happy to be alive, you only live once and I want to do it right...
right in the arms of my saviour, huge smile on my face, hair blowing in the wind, with my trusty whip at my side, and my hat in my hands...ready for this adventure...
this one crazy and wild adventure called life.

Good ol' Indi.

No comments:

Post a Comment