Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Laying it All Down at The Feet of Jesus.


The Lord has me in a season of isolation, cut off from all of the deep relationships I've cultivated over the years, He's now asked me to hand the closest friendship I have over to Him. He's asked me to lay down my dreams of ministry, missions, and worship. He's asked me to lay down my dreams of independence. And as I struggle to place each of these at His feet, the Holy Spirit whispers a question that cuts through my heart and pierces my soul.
"Is my love sufficient? Am I enough."

Without my dreams, without my relationships, without money, without independence...without anything and everything I've ever wanted in this life is He still enough?

Some days the answer is a joyful "Yes Lord, Yes Lord, YES YES LORD!!" Other days its a whimpering weak "...maybe." And some times it's just a downright, "No."
But the truth is that He is more than enough, and His love isn't just sufficient but it fills me to overflowing. All I have to do is turn to Him. Give it all to Him. Lay EVERYTHING that I am, wish, and have down.

When He said "love me with all your mind, heart, soul, and strength" He wasn't kidding.


Sometimes I feel like I have nothing left to give, like if I give anymore to the Lord there will be nothing left of me. But then, maybe that's the point?


Lord teach me what it means to surrender. As you surrendered to your Father's will and gave everything, even your life, so let me lay my life down to follow you. I want to respond to you Jesus, and I want to live in the fullness of who you created me to be in Christ. You are my life, my love, my shepherd. I can trust you. I surrender my dreams, I surrender my love, I surrender my best friend, I surrender the heartbreak that comes with letting her go. I surrender the loneliness. I surrender my desire to go and to fly. I surrender my dreams, and I surrender all my questions of "why?" I trust you Jesus. I lay it all down. And I ask you to fill the places that all of these things used to occupy. To fill them with your love, light, and truth. Your will be done Jesus. I love you, but more importantly you love me and so I lay it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment